Firework Safety Information
- Do not allow children to play with fireworks.
- Sparklers, a firework often considered by many to be the ideal “safe” device for children, burn at very high temperatures and should not be handled by children.
- Children may not understand the danger involved with fireworks and may not act appropriately while using the devices or in case of emergency.
- Set off fireworks outdoors in a clear area, away from houses, dry leaves, or grass and other flammable materials.
- Keep a bucket of water nearby for emergencies and for pouring on fireworks that fail to ignite or explode.
- Do not try to relight or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Soak them with water and throw them away.
- Be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks.
- Never light fireworks in a container, especially a glass or metal container.
- Keep unused fireworks away from firing areas.
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Check instructions for special storage directions.